SPA ELECTRICAL REQUIREMENTS
GENERAL ELECTRICAL REQUIREMENTS
- All electrical work must be done by a licensed electrician.
- All electrical work must be to N.E.C. (National Electrical Code) and any other pertaining electrical codes.
- OUR DELIVERY CREWS WILL NOT DO ANY ELECTRICAL WORK OR ANY ELECTRICAL TROUBLESHOOTING. Please refer to your licensed electrician for final connection. If you have doubts, have your circuit checked by a licensed electrician.
- NO EXTENSION CORDS are to be used in conjunction with the operation of the spa. Low voltage damage could result, which is not covered by the warranty.
- For any additional questions regarding Electrical, please contact us at 909-974-8118.
120-VOLT PLUG & PLAY SPAS
- DEDICATED STANDARD OUTLET REQUIRED – no other appliances, lights, etc. should be on this circuit at any time. This circuit must be on a 20 AMP BREAKER.
- These spas come with a GFCI protected plug that should be plugged into a standard dedicated outlet as mentioned above.
- OUTLET SHOULD BE WITHIN 5-10 FEET OF THE SPA for use with supplied cord. Total supplied cord length is 15 feet. Placement of spa will determine how close spa will need to be placed to reach outlet. Please refer to the ‘PREP’ tab on this site’s page for your particular spa model to see the cord placement. The cord will be connected to the ‘Control Pack’. Longer cords are available for purchase at $1.75 per foot with a maximum length of 40 feet.
240-VOLT SPAS AND SWIM SPAS
- ALL 240V SPAS WILL REQUIRE A 40, 50, OR 60 AMP 2-POLE GFCI PROTECTED BREAKER. The exact amperage will depend on your model spa. Please visit this site’s page for your particular spa model to determine the amperage necessary for your spa.
- The GFCI breaker can be located either in your main home panel or in a separate breaker box. See diagrams below for examples of each.
- CIRCUITS USED FOR THE SPA MUST BE DEDICATED – no other appliances, lights, etc. should be on these circuits at any time.
- WIRES GOING TO YOUR SPA MUST BE THE APPROPRIATE GAUGE FOR YOUR SPA. Please refer to the ‘PREP’ tab on this site’s page for your particular spa model to find the correct gauge and number of wires for your spa. You can also find a quick reference for wire gauge below.
- ALL WIRES ENTERING THE SPA MUST BE IN FLEXIBLE WATERPROOF CONDUIT (known as “Seal-tite”).
- The wires should extend at least 6 inches from the Seal-tite for final connection to the spa.
- The diameter of the Seal-tite should be 3/4” or 1” based on wire size. Refer to the chart below for more information.
- The length of this Seal-tite must be long enough to reach the left side of the Control Pack for your spa. Please refer to the ‘PREP’ tab on this site’s page for your particular spa model to determine the placement of the Control Pack for your spa.
WIRE SIZE TABLE
|Amperage of Spa||Gauge of Wire|
|40-50 amp||AWG #8|
|60 amp||AWG #6|
WIRE FILL TABLE
|Type of Conduit||Conduit Size||Size of Wires|
|AWG #8||AWG #6|
(PVC – Sched 40)